Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Grandpa Lap Blanket

Here is the lap blanket that I have designed for my Grandpa Jack.
















At my folks' request, I made this because grandpa gets cold when dining out. The restuarants keep the AC going strong inside when it's really warm outside and sometimes it's just too cold.


Pattern Source: http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/clothbrocade.htm

Pattern Alterations: I cast on 130 stitches, and went with a seed stitch border/divider lines. The pattern is King Charles Brocade. I did three sets for the corners and the middle panel contains 5 reps of the brocade. :D

The blanket matches the fingerless gloves that I made for him at the beginning of this year. (See earlier post)

Blanket Dimensions: 25in X 36in

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft-Sage

No comments: